Here at The Rookie we love seeing what you have! Super-collecting has become a big part of the hobby and we especially love Super Collections! What is a Super Collection? It goes beyond having one of every Topps set back to 1972, it goes farther than having all of the most popular rookies. Some may call it hoarding, other's may call it an obsession, we call it AWESOME! Here is a quick Top Ten List to measure if you are in possession of a Super Collection:
- Do you have a lot of cards of a certain player or team that are rare or elusive in the hobby?
- Have you ever driven 100 miles for a card worth $100?
- Have you ever made your wife wait to leave for a wedding because you were waiting until the end of an eBay auction?
- Can you say "I bet you don't have ______" to 50% of your collection to 90% of the hobbyists?
- Have you and your collection ever been featured in a publication?
- Do you carry more insurance on your collectibles than insurance on your house?
- Do you have more cards in a safety deposit box than family heirlooms and important documents?
- When you go to card shows, do dealers know you by name and can tell you if they have what you are looking for?
- Do people simply know you as the "___________ (i.e. Peyton Manning, Basketball, Ted Williams) guy: rather than your real name?
- Have you ever thought about checking yourself into an institution because of your desire to want more, and more, and MORE!?
One of our customers came in the shop the other day and started talking about his personal collection. The conversation turned to his dad's personal collection of Bob Feller cards. To say the least, I think we have found the Biggest Bob Feller Super Collector in the World! Bruce Adair from Kentucky, came to visit his son this past weekend and brought just a portion of his Feller Collection.
Bruce had an opportunity to share his collection with Bob on a couple of occassions and gained some additional knowledge and insight to the photo shoots for the cards and his career in general. Most of the cards in the collection have been graded by PSA and have even at times been the first cards of their kind to be graded by PSA, thanks to Bruce's persistance.
Thanks Bruce for being able to share your collection with us and our customers. We hope to see you and the rest of your collection soon!
Below are some of the pictures from his collection: